Located in the village of Le Reposoir, in the Arve valley (Faucigny) in Haute-Savoie, the buildings nestle in a wooded circus on the edge of a small mountain lake, on the banks of the Foron river. The former Chartreuse, now Carmel, is listed as a Historic Monument. In the shadow of the Pointe Percée (2752 m), it was founded in 1151 by Carthusian monks. This Historical Monastery inspires peace and serenity, like the community of Carmelite sisters who have lived there since 1932. Every day the visitors are welcome for the offices and the discovery of certain parts of the monastery.